EL CAPITAN STABLES
CORNER MAIN ST. AND HUFFMAN AVENUE.
THE ABOVE CUT REPRESENTS THE PLACE OF
Business of E. M. Stoddard & Son. These stables are
the pioneer livery stables of Merced, and were established by
the late M. McClenathan in 1872. The property was purchased
by Messrs. Simonson and Stoddard in June 1886.
The building was burned in October, 1886. The present
buildings were opened for business in July, 1887. It is first-
class in every respect, having a frontage of 100 feet on Main
street and 105 feet on Huffman Avenue.